Frequently Asked Questions
• How to install NBA 2K13 mods & patches?
- Extract then copy the files in your → NBA 2K13 Game folder. (Program Files)
Note: Installing mods will overwrite original files, so don't forget to make backups.
• How to install NBA 2K13 roster & online data updates?
- Extract then copy the folders in your → NBA 2K13 Saves folder. (AppData)
Usually mods are downloaded as a .rar file which must be extracted first using a program called WinRAR. To extract .rar files, right-click the compressed file, and then choose Extract. This program also supports other formats like .zip and .7z.
Download WinRAR: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
The game folder also known as installation directory is the place where NBA 2K13 stores its program files like courts, jerseys, cyberfaces, shoes etc. You will also see the nba2k13.exe file in this folder.
There are several ways to find the NBA 2K13 game folder.
Method 1: Right click the game shortcut then select "Open File Folder".
Method 2: Right click the NBA 2K13 desktop shortcut and choose "Properties" then select the "Open File Location" button.
Method 3: Open Local Disk → Program Files → 2K Sports → NBA 2K13
• NBA 2K13 DVD default installation directories:
32-bit: C:\Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13
• NBA 2K13 Steam installation directories:
32-bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2K13
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2K13
Roaming Folder (AppData)
This folder is the place where NBA 2K13 stores its game saves files, roster, online data updates, cache, and user made shoes.
• Windows 8:
1. Press Windows key + R and type "explorer"
2. Click on the view tab and put a check mark next to the hidden items option.
3. Close Explorer and reopen it.
4. Go to AppData » Roaming » 2K Sports » NBA 2K13.
• Windows 7 or Vista: Click the Start button then type %AppData% in the searchbox. Open the 2K Sports folder then NBA 2K13 folder.
• Windows XP: Open "Run" (Windows key + R) then type %AppData% in the search box. Open the 2K Sports folder then NBA 2K13 folder. See the image below.
Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden in Windows Explorer by default. In order to make this folder visible, you must change the settings in "Folder Options". Go to Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Folder Options then Select the "View" tab. Under "Hidden files and folders", Tick the "Show hidden files and folders" option.
C Drive → Users → Username → AppData → Roaming → 2K Sports → NBA 2K13
• Saves: This folder is the place where NBA 2K13 stores the saves files including MyCAREER, Association, user settings, configs and roster file.
• Online Data: This folder has a subfolder called "downloads". It contains all the official updates from 2K Sports.
NBA 2K13 Filename Numbers / IDs