NBA 2K12 Custom Roster for PC
Ultimate Base Roster V29 - September 16, 2012
- Includes a "UBRV29 Association.ros" roster file which strips out all of the retro teams for those of you who just want the updated roster. Don't worry the normal Ultimate Base Roster V29 with all the retros is still there too.
- Fixed multiple players with white arms / faces that were not showing up
- Fixed the Milwaukee Bucks Home Jersey issue for the 1991 Season Mod
- 30+ Retro cyberfaces added to UBR and sprinkled across the appropriate Season Mods
- Most of the Season Mods found in Part 4 were also tweaked for accuracy / improvement (including the addition of a 1996 Season Mod and 2006 Season Mod)
- Added Chris BroadBeck's ABA Expansion Roster & Team Files (all compatible)
- Current NBA Teams Rosters up to date as of Sunday September 16th, 2012.
Major Updates in V28:
- 10+ Retro courts added - courtesy Suirad and Francis (year-specific Spectrum Courts, Great Western Forum Courts, and updates to other retro courts)
- 50+ Retro cyberfaces added to UBR and sprinkled across the appropriate Season Mods
- Most of the Season Mods found in Part 4 were also tweaked for accuracy / improvement (including the addition of a 1991 Season Mod and 1997 Season Mod)
- Current NBA Teams Rosters up to date as of Sunday August 26th, 2012.
Major Updates in V27:
- 2012 Team USA is now included with accurate jerseys, logos, and court!
- 25+ jersey numbers edited for accuracy
- Added multiple retro court updates
- 30+ Retro/Current cyberfaces added (Current: Dionte Christmas, Kevin Jones etc Retro: Roger Brown, Freddie Lewis etc)
- Current NBA Teams Rosters up to date as of Sunday August 19th, 2012.
Major Updates in V26:
- Dwight Howard is now on LA Lakers
- Added new cyberfaces (current players including rookies and retro players)
- All Current NBA players have portraits (1 new one was added for Michael Eric)
- Added Terry Stotts as head coach of the Blazers and Jerry Sichting as assistant coach of the Wizards
- Current NBA Teams Rosters up to date as of Saturday August 11th, 2012
Major Updates in V25:
- Added 70+ new cyberfaces (current players and retro players) - big thanks to rlambert!
- All Current NBA players have portraits (8 new ones were added)
- Current NBA Teams Rosters up to date as of Friday August 3rd, 2012 @ 5:00pmET.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question #1: I'm having some problems using this roster with NBA 2K12 My Player mode?
Solution: This problem is fixed on V28 but if you're still experiencing the same problem, Use a different roster or the default roster from 2K if you're gonna play My Player mode.
Question #2: Some courts are black what should I do?
Solution: Open NBA 2K12 main menu while you're not in game then go to Options > Video Settings > Change the Arena settings to high.
Question #3: Why some of the players have white shoes? (Ex. Lebron James, Kobe Bryant etc)
Solution: To fix this glitch, You must download and install the latest NBA 2K12 Online Data
Question #4: Will installing the Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) overwrite anything?
Answer: No, UBR does not overwrite any game content. You’re asked to overwrite files when installing because the mod utilizes some hidden content in the game and has to tweak those files to make them work properly.
Question #5: Are the regular teams updated?
Answer: UBR is currently updated as September 16, 2012
Question #6: Why do I see headless players with white arms/white jerseys?
Answer: This is caused by installing the files to the wrong folder. Extract all the files into your 2K12 folder except the .ROS file, which should go to your saves folder.
Question #7: Why do some retro teams at the Quick Play screen have REALLY low overall ratings?
Solution: Just ignore the overall ratings at the Quick Play screen. All the right players are still on the team with correct ratings. This doesn’t affect game play.
Question #8: Why is it when I scroll into the rotation menu the retro team minutes are scrambled.
Solution: The reason for this is because some players are mirrored onto the All-Time Teams. Just don’t scroll into the rotation menus for any year-specific team. You can change your lineup if you would like at the quick start menu or in the game making substitutions. This allows you to scroll into the All-Time Teams to make changes without the annoying pop up always coming up. Players still start the game correctly and substitutions are minimally affected.
Question #9: How come the roster didn't change at all?
Answer: It's either your forgot to load the roster file from the NBA 2K12 main menu (load/save) or you copy the roster file into the wrong folder.
Extract the file and copy the UBR roster file into your NBA 2K12 Saves folder.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K12\Saves
Copy the rest of the files (mostly .iff files) into your NBA 2K12 Game folder
64 bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K12
32 bit - C:\Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K12
Note: If you load the roster and not all the teams are showing (retro teams) then first load "Unlock All Settings" from the load menu.
To find your 'Saves' folder:
- Go to the Start Menu and click 'Run' then type in %AppData% then open 2K Sports, then NBA 2K12. You will see your NBA 2K12 'Saves' folder.
Alternatively, You can type %AppData% in your Start Menu's search bar / run and press enter. It will take you to your Roaming folder and Open 2K Sports > NBA 2K12 > Saves.
To find your NBA 2K12 main or game folder:
1. Right click NBA 2K12 desktop game shortcut.
2. Select "Properties
3. Click "Open File Location".
4. Paste the files from the patch inside the main folder.
You need to overwrite the original files from the main folder in order for this patch to work.
If it prompts you to overwrite the files, Choose "Copy and Replace" / "Move and Replace"
Download: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 (Optional)
Part 5 (Retro Season Mods Companion Extras) is optional. It will overwrite original 2K files. This includes start-up screens, mascots, title pages, globals, & NBC scoreboard. - Hawk23